I decided to pick my friend’s brain about wedding flowers since she has been in the wedding floral business for 18 years at a high-end venue. I am a wedding officiant and do not pretend to know anything about the flowers at a wedding except that they bring me great joy!
Here are a few things to consider when choosing your wedding floral: https://www.wikihow.com/Choose-Flowers-for-Your-Wedding-Day
- What type of flowers do you love?
- What colors are in your wedding?
- Are the flowers available at this time of year?
- Will it be an inside or outside wedding?
- Will the flowers withhold with no water & hold their shape – good choices: roses, tulips, lilies , astilibe?
- Groom and groomsmen should match the bridesmaids using one of the flowers in the bouquets.
- It is best to use 3 or 5 colors, an odd number
- What type of bouquet- round, cascading, gardening, et
- Beautiful finish on the bouquet- nice ribbon, etc
- Have vessels to hold the bouquets , they can serve a centerpieces if flowers are cut to the right height after the ceremony
- You might even choose an unusual bouquet , one made of succulents:
- If you are looking for traditional or out of the box florist , contact me- I will be glad several wonderful wedding vendors: https://www.annmckenzie.net/contact/